Mcafee error 12152 – Any Error
McAfee error code 12152 occurs when you try to install the McAfee product that you have downloaded from the official site of McAfee. Some users also encounter this McAfee error 12152 while downloading the McAfee product. At the instance of the error occurrence, the installation process crashes or stops, and the error message 12152 appears on the screen.
How To Fix Mcafee Error code 12152?
1st try repair chkdsk – if that did not work proceed to next steps
- To fix the McAfee error code 12152, check if your Windows OS is up-to-date.
- To check and perform the OS update, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the Start menu.
- Open the Windows Update dialog box by typing its keyword in the search field.
- On this dialog box, click the Update button if highlighted.
- Click the Yes button to continue the update process.
- It may take a few minutes for the Windows OS update process to complete.
- After updating the OS, try to perform the McAfee product installation process on your computer.
Mcafee Error code 12152 Repair Tool
- If you encounter the McAfee error 12152 for the first time, then close the web browser.
- Wait for some time and then perform the McAfee product download process.
- If the error code persists, then run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool on your Windows computer.
- You can download this tool from the official site of McAfee.
- After downloading, open it on your Windows computer.
- If a security warning dialog box appears on your computer, click the Yes, Continue or Run button.
- On the screen titled McAfee Software Removal, click the Next button followed by Agree.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the repair tool screen to complete the process.
- Once it is completed, you can see the message Removal Complete on the screen.
- Now, try to download and install the McAfee application on your Windows computer.
Mcafee Error code 12152 Windows 10
- To solve the McAfee error 12152 on your Windows 10 computer, perform the simple steps given below.
- First, log into your Windows computer with administrative permissions.
- Click the Start button and follow it by All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Now, the System Restore window will open.
- Select the Restore my computer to an earlier time option.
- Click the Next button.
- Wait for the restore process to complete.
- Once it is done, restart your Windows computer.
Mcafee Error 12152 Windows 7
- If you encounter the McAfee error code 12152 on your Windows 7 computer, then try some of the possible solutions mentioned below.
- First, check if you have downloaded the McAfee product file that is compatible with your Windows 7 computer.
- If you have installed any other antivirus software installed on your computer, disable it temporarily.
- Turn off your Windows Firewall and Windows Defender too.
- Try to perform the McAfee product download and installation process.
- If the issue persists, run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool on your Windows 7 computer.
- Restart your Windows 7 computer and try to perform the McAfee product download and installation process once again.
- Note: Make sure to download the McAfee product from its official site.
12152 Error While Installing Mcafee
- Most of the Windows OS users have encountered the error 12152 while installing the McAfee product on their computer.
- The sections above have explained some possible ways to solve this error code.
- If the mcafee error 12152 persists even after trying these troubleshooting instructions, contact us to get remote assistance in solving it.